Update 2/7/14 – This Event is SOLD OUT. You can still sign up for the salvage building bootcamp by going here!
Join us for this exciting new teardown opportunity!
Tiny Texas Houses and owner Brad Kittel will be hosting this event and educating attendees on the Salvage Mining “Teardown Process.”
You’ll get hands-on experience and learn a vast array of salvage mining skills including:
- How to identify materials and value them
- The Salvage Mining Process (from “Cherrypicking” to Transporting & Storing)
- How to remove doors and windows safely from other structures
- How to use your tools effectively to not damage materials
- How to De-nail wood safely and efficiently (And using a modern pneumatic “Nail Kicker”
- Safety Precautions and Salvage Mining Tips
- The experience of a life time with the chance to meet like-minded friends!
- And Much Much More!
This particular house is being called “The Ugly Duckling” because its an old beat-up ranch house that Tiny Texas Houses will transform into one, most likely even two, of their beautiful and unique tiny house designs.
The House measures about 15×30 and is a great example of the kinds of structures littered all over this country just waiting to be salvaged and re-purposed! You’ll learn everything you’ll need to know to get out in the field and do-it-yourself by the time this bootcamp is complete.
Tickets are on sale now for just $175 for single person admission and $275 for couples (this is the early bird special which will end February 1st, 2014). Regular prices will be $200 per person and $325 per couple.
All attendees who successfully complete our salvage bootcamps will become certified as a single story/ double wall construction simple class “Salvage Miner” by Tiny Texas Houses and can receive future discounts on Bootcamps!