The Bathhouse Building Hands-On Workshop
Two weekends: May 5th-6th and May 12th-13th
A two weekend building workshop (sign up for one or both)!
The first weekend of the Bathhouse Building Workshop has been a success! For those who did not attend, we had to cancel construction Sunday May 6th due to inclement weather. Because we have lost a day of construction we want to inform all returning and new participants that the second weekend (May 12th-13th) will not cover mosaic and tile work with our shower pans.
Instead, we plan to continue the construction workshop where we left off. The upcoming weekend will consist of continuing construction on the exterior and interior skins, applying flooring and roofing materials, and if time permits, porch and stair construction.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Join the Tiny Texas House team for our first building workshop in Luling, Texas, at our home location. We are going to be finishing out a BathHouse located in the village portion behind our business. Completing the BathHouse will enable Tiny Texas Houses to hold more in-depth house building workshop this summer by providing full guest amenities on site. We need your help finishing out our BathHouse to make this all come together!
Seminar Type: Construction and Building 101
In the first weekend seminar (May 5th-6th) you will learn:
• How to apply exterior siding
• How to lay wood flooring
• Interior ceiling installation
• Applying fiberglass insulation
• Applying interior wall skin
• Building a partition wall
Cost: $25.00 per person
In the second weekend seminar (May 12th-13th) you will learn:
• How to install our standard and custom designed shower pans
• Creating salvaged shower wall systems
• How to lay three different tile patterns (River Rock, Conventional, and Mosaic).
Cost: $50.00 per person
Note: There will be limited spaces for the second seminar weekend (May 12th-13th) and a cost of $50.00 per person.
Be the first to attend a building seminar under the tutorship of Brad Kittel, owner and builder of Tiny Texas Houses! Learn the tricks and tips to using salvaged materials in construction including how to build our custom designed shower pans and lay three different tiles patterns! By attending either seminar weekend each participant earns a free pass to one of our future Custom Home Building Seminars scheduled to begin in mid-summer 2012! Tiny Texas Houses needs your help to complete this Bath House to provide future volunteers with a lavatory!
What it costs and what you get:
Weekend 1 (May 5th-6th): $25.00 per person
Weekend 2 (May 12th-13th): $50.00 per person
Or sign up for Both Weekends: $65.00 per person
Free lodging each weekend at the Pure Life Living Retreat, taco breakfast, and snacks and drinks throughout!
What to bring:
- Tool bags with any and all of your hand held carpentry tool sets! (Some tools will be provided but for the full experience we recommend you bring your own!)
- Bring goggles or safety glasses, dust masks and heavy duty work gloves (We like the Wells Lamont 1500 coated knit work gloves, you can get them at Walmart for about $4 bucks).
- Wear hard-soled shoes no flip flops or tennis shoes!
- Discuss with your doctor if you will need a tetanus shot booster, there could be rust!
- A sleeping bag or cot to sleep in at the Pure Life Living Retreat in Gonzales!
- Sunscreen and a reusable water bottle and a hat for sun protection
We start the day at 8:30am each Saturday and Sunday with breakfast tacos and coffee provided by us at the Pure Life Living Retreat. We will break for a self-provided lunch at a local restaurant. Dinner your choice and expense.
• Free lodging available to all participants in Gonzales, Texas at our Pure Life Living Retreat. This is a large guest house which participants can sleep in with running water and electricity! Bring your sleeping bags or cots. There is plenty of space for everyone. Each evening we will be playing an assortment of games and group activities at the retreat. It’ll be a great way to make friends and meet like minded people. Brad Kittel will give an educational lecture on salvaging each Saturday night!
How to sign up:
First Download the liability waver, print it out , sign and email to email@example.com or Fax to 877 702-3982
Click on the choice below to register and pay with Pay Pal or a major credit card as a Pay Pal guest.
***SOLD OUT***Both Weekends Combo (May 5th-6th and May 12th-13th)
***SOLD OUT***First weekend Workshop (May 5th-6th)
***SOLD OUT***Second weekend Workshop (May 12th-13th)
**Note: Due to high demand, we will be capping the amount of people able to attend each weekend to 18.
You can receive a full refund if you notify us within 1 week of the event, 50% if within 48 hours from the commencement of the event and no refund will be given after the first day of your scheduled event time.
Call us at 830 875-2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org