We offer an amazing Guided Tour at Tiny Texas Houses! At this time, the tour is run at 2:00pm every Saturday. You will get to experience from outside and inside all the Tiny Texas Houses here in our Village! That includes the following tiny houses:
- Red Mascot (the house on the cover of Lloyd Kahn’s definitive book, Tiny Homes: Simple Shelter)
- The Teeny Gingered Swan
- Helen’s Heaven & the White Swan (currently both under construction)
- The Vicki 1 and the Vicki 2
- The Blue Moon
- The Kidd
- Temple Tantra
If we have time, you’ll see Bear House and the Bath House too. You will also see the permaculture infrastructure we’ve started here on our 43 acres to support our Tiny Texas Village, here in Salvage, Texas. We’re digging a huge pond, have an underground cavern with a bentonite clay springs that stays about 65-68 degrees year round, and an artesian spring. The cost is only $20 per person. In the guided tour you’ll learn why we salvage, what we salvage and how you can build a beautiful, strong, healthy home out of what was once someone’s trash. We hope to see you soon!
Call Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm (Central Time) for reservations: 830-875-2500
Location: 20501 IH-10, Luling, Texas, 78648. Exit 628 off of I-10.
Guided Tours are given on scheduled SATURDAYS at:
Cost: $20.00 per person (cash or credit card)
Kids are Free (Ages 10 yrs and below)
GUIDED TOUR ITINERARY
I. Guests will be taken through each of our prototype houses and learn the size, history, materials used, and some lessons in building.
II. They will then be guided through each of our houses currently under construction and learn the different styles, materials, and layout options of our new designs.
III. The last portion of the tour will move through our warehouse, consisting of identifying salvageable materials and the different kinds of wood that can be re-used for building.
IV. The tour will conclude with a Q&A and a thirty minute “free roam” time period which will allow guests to walk back through any house they wish.
- Tours will last approximately 60-90 minutes.
- No pets allowed.
- Tours will be given rain or shine.
- Limit 20 people per tour.
- This is a Standing/Walking tour over uneven terrain, it is not suitable for wheelchairs or strollers.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes, e.g. tennis shoes, walking shoes, or hiking or cowboy boots. NO SANDALS or BARE FEET please; there are construction materials, dirt, sand, gravel, etc. on floors and paths.
Tours are given on Saturdays only. If you arrive on another day, you can only view the prototype houses out front, which are constantly open for touring. You will not be able to tour the houses under construction, watch construction, or enter the warehouse, and the Tiny Texas House staff will not be able to give you the in-depth information about the houses. We look forward to seeing you on a Saturday tour, instead!